Dr. Fiorillo is committed to protecting the privacy of the data his website collects from you when you visit. This statement describes the practices that Dr. Fiorillo follows to protect the privacy of personal data collected from you when you visit his site. Dr. Fiorillo is also committed to keeping your medical information private according to HIPAA. Please read the following to see how your information is collected and used.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or even credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – Your information helps us better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website – We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails – The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyze how users use our site. The tool uses “cookies” to collect standard Internet logging information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookies about your use of our website (including IP address) and is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties, which assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or other’s rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
All images on this website are owned by Dr. Fiorillo. We respect your privacy and understand that not all patients want their images on the Internet. We will not post images of you or your procedures without the prior written consent. If you ever want the images removed after giving consent, you can submit a written request to our office for removal.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act); we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
HIPAA – Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996
Our website follows the HIPAA guidelines. You will not be entering any of your medical information on our website. Any information obtained through the office may be used for the following reasons:
- Our staff may need access to certain information to set up future appointments, refer you to a different physician or hospital, contact you about test results, and other “in-office” tasks that revolve around your medical treatment.
- We may need to give the information to other facilities such as radiology, labs, medical specialist, and an insurance company to process claims. HIPAA Privacy We will never share your information with other people without your permission. When you visit us, you will be asked to fill out a HIPAA form to let us know who you do want your information shared with. All information is kept in secure HIPAA compliant methods.
Understanding Your Health Record & Information
Each time you visit one of Dr. Fiorillo’s offices, a record of your visit is made. Typically, this record contains your symptoms, examination, test results, diagnoses, treatment, and a plan for future care or treatment. This information often is referred to as your health or medical record and serves as a basis for planning your care and medical treatment plan.
Information and Test Results:
Your health information may be used to send you information on the treatment and management of your medical condition that you may find to be of interest. We may also send you information describing other health-related goods and service that we believe may interest you. If we are unable to give you test results in person or by phone; information may be mailed to your address on file.
You have certain rights under the federal privacy standards. These include:
- To request restrictions on the use and disclosure of your protected health information.
- To receive confidential communications concerning your medical condition and treatment.
- To inspect and copy your protected health information.
- To receive an accounting of how and to whom your protected health information has been disclosed.
- To amend or submit corrections to your protected health information.
- To receive a printed copy of the notice.
If you would like to submit a comment or complaint about our privacy practice, you can do so by sending a letter outlining your concerns to Dr. Fiorillo’s office. If you believe that your privacy rights have been violated, you should let us know by sending a letter describing the cause of the privacy concern. You will not be penalized or otherwise retaliated against for filing a complaint.